Gnats are small pesky flies that are found all over the nation both indoors and outdoors. They are attracted to odors, lights and moisture, and they make a high-pitched buzzing sound. There is a much larger population of gnats in warmer climates, and although they are a big annoyance, they only reach an average size of 1/8 inch. These insects are more annoying than dangerous; however, they can carry disease and illness. Changing your daily hygienic routines can stop the gnats from swarming your head.
it’s important to note that annoying gnats generally have a lifespan of about four months and if you happen to have a pregnant mama gnat in your house, she can give birth to as many as 300 more babies. So, if you’re the lucky winner of an indoor gnat infestation, you should try and get rid of them.
Gnats generally go where the fungus (and subsequent moisture) is. That’s why they’re attracted to the overripe bananas on your counter and the soft potatoes in your pantry. So, if you do see them hanging around those items, chuck the produce and eliminate the reason the gnats are congregating in the first place.
We at USA Insurance Companies want to share the following tips with you on how to help keep gnats from swarming around your head and face.
- Wash your hair with a scent free shampoo
- Avoid using scented skin care products on your face
- Don’t spray any cologne, perfume or body spray anywhere around your neck
- Wash clothing in scent free detergents
- Use an insect repellant on the clothing you wear and on your skin and in your hair. Many lotions contain insect repellant that will keep gnats away. Use a nontoxic spray in and under your hair and around your neck. Use the insect repellants only as directed for safety.
We at USA Insurance Companies hope this information and tips were helpful. In the Mississippi Gulf Coast and Pine belt area we are considered the low-cost auto insurance leader. If you need auto insurance or a shop a new company, please contact one of our 7 convenient locations. Please our website at www.usainsuarnceco.net to find a location near you. One of our friendly professionals will be glad to help.