Did you know that cooking fires was the leading cause of house fires each year? Are you sure you have taken all the precautions to ensure that you will have no kitchen fires.Kitchen Safety is important.
Here are some tips that can help reduce your chances of a kitchen fire and insure kitchen safety.
- Pay close attention to what you are doing and to your surroundings
- Keep flammable items, such as oven mitts and towels, away from the stove.
- Store a small fire extinguisher nearby
- If a stovetop fire starts, turn off the burner. Cover a grease stovetop fire with a lid (water can spread the fire).
- Turn pot handles in so they won’t get knocked
- Let microwaved food cool for a minute or two before handling
- Remove any lids carefully to avoid steam burns
Also, you need to pay close attention to bacteria that could be lurking around your food preparation areas. This could jeopardize your kitchen safety
- Clean your hands before and after handling food
- Wash countertops, cutting boards and utensils with hot soapy water when switching from one food to another
- Disinfect countertops and cutting boards regularly. Use 1 tablespoon of chlorine bleach per 1 gallon of water. Let sit for several minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
Be sure the cleaning products that you use are safely kept away from children and pets is another way to insure kitchen safety
- If you keep them down low, lock them up or use a safety latch.
- Detergent pods are especially dangerous for kids, who can mistake them for food. If you have kids under age 6, use traditional detergent.
We, at USA Insurance Companies. Hope that this information was helpful. When you need auto insurance, please remember we are considered the low-cost auto insurance leader in South Mississippi. We only offer car insurance and one of our friendly experts is ready to help you find the best coverage for the most affordable rate. Please visit our website at www.usainsuraceco.net to find one of our seven convenient locations need you.