We at USA Insurance Companies know that as we get older driving may become somewhat more of a challenge. As Senior Drivers, our driving abilities can change. Here are some tips we would like to share with you to stay save as you drive our roads.
- Avoid driving at night if you have trouble with your vision, and don’t tint your windows.
- Keep your windshield, headlights, and mirror clean to improve visibility.
- Raise your seat high enough so you have a clear view of the road.
- Limit distracting noise inside the vehicle. This includes the radio and conversations with passengers and use of cell phones.
- Stay alert and watch for flashing lights of emergency vehicles if you have difficulty hearing.
- Keep a safe distance between you and the car ahead so you have ample time to brake safely if necessary.
- Allow adequate stopping distances.
- Keep windshield wiper blades in proper working condition
- Get periodic vision and hearing tests. Get hearing aids and new glasses when needed.
- Take a defensive driving course offered through the AARP or the American Automobile Association.
- Carefully read medication labels to see if they may impair driving skills.
- Don’t drive if you’re feeling tired, lightheaded, or stressed
- Use other transportation services such as taxis and buses if you’re unsure of your ability to drive safely.
- Drive on familiar streets, and limit trips to those close to home.
- Always wear your seat belt.
- Please don’t TEXT when you are driving.
We hope these tips were helpful to you. Please remember that we are your low-cost auto insurance company in the Mississippi Gulf Coast and Pine belt Mississippi areas. Please visit our website at www.usainsuarnceco.net to find a location nearby. Our friendly staff of auto insurance experts will help you find the best coverage at the most affordable price.